Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spotlight On: Green

It's that time of years, guys! The time of year we celebrate all things green. My roommates and I usually try to at least have dinner in an Irish Pub, but it's kind of a bummer that St. Patrick's Day is a Monday this year. We all have to get up and go to work the next day!

Because it's the greenest time of year, I thought I'd take the opportunity to talk about my most favorite green nail polishes! Narrowing this down to five was tricky, but I managed. Read on to see five amazingly green-tastic nail polishes!


First up is Zoya Dree. Dree is an army green, and the most muted of the bunch. It's a super shiny, easy to apply polish and I love wearing this with gold flakes on top. It's definitely one of those love it or hate it kind of colors, but I love it.

Zoya Dree
Zoya Dree
Next is Barry M Ridley Road. Mint green is one of my favorite colors, in general. I have quite a few mint green nail polishes, but Ridley Road is the only one I've got that's textured. I love it. The texture is kind of unique -- it's not that weird cottage cheese texture that you sometimes see with cream based texture polishes, and it's not really like the more leathery ones either. It's grittier than that, but I think in pictures, it almost looks fuzzy. And the color is just perfection. So bright and perfect for spring.

Barry M Ridley Road
Barry M Ridley Road
Next is A England St. George. This is a super deep, saturated holographic emerald green. It's so luxurious and chic. I'm wearing only one coat in the photos below. The holo is a little more apparent in the bottles, but I love how intense the color is. I just adore it.

A England St. George
A England St. George
Next is China Glaze Running in Circles. This is from their Cirque du Soleil collection from Fall 2012. It's a glass fleck green and the sparkle is so pretty. It's a very bright shade of green and when the sun isn't glaring off it, you can see all the shimmering goldish flecks. It's really stunning.

China Glaze Running in Circles
China Glaze Running in Circles
Finally is Lime Crime's Pastelchio. This green. I just can't even. It's a yellow toned pastel-neon. It's amazing. I know it pulls more yellow in the photos, but it's green. And it's so unique. I have no other green that walks the line so perfectly between neon and pastel. Of all the greens in this post, it's the only one I've bought a backup bottle of.

Lime Crime Pastelchio
Lime Crime Pastelchio
And that's it! My top five favorite greens. I hope this post inspires you to put on your most awesome green or maybe pick up a brand new awesome green. I can't wait to see all the amazing St. Patrick's inspired nails on Monday. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment