Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Ways to Wear It: Sephora X Maniacal

Hi guys!!

For over a year now, I've been tumbling (almost) every manicure I wear. And for the past five months, I've been Instagramming them too. It's been a lot of fun, but Tumblr and Instagram aren't really the best platforms for review or comparison. So I've decided to open things up a bit!


For my first post ever, I'm showing Maniacal from the Sephora X collection. I've loved every polish I've tried from the Sephora X line, but for $12.50 a bottle, they have to be pretty unique and versatile for me to commit to taking them home. For a glitter, that means it has to look good over a bunch of different colors. And in that regard, Maniacal definitely passes the test.

First I wore it over OPI's My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours. I really loved the contrast of the tomato-orange and the pastel green. It's like something cool and refreshing paired with something spicy and full of fire! It definitely makes me think of summer and sunburns :)

Sephora X Maniacal over OPI My Paprika's Hotter Than Yours

Sephora X Maniacal over OPI My Paprika's Hotter Than Yours
Next I paired it with Zoya Charisma. This felt a little more rock-star girly to me. Like graffiti or something. I really love the color combo -- it definitely brought out the neon side of the glitter. Charisma is such a difficult color to photograph though -- the bottle looks a lot closer to accurate than my nails do.

Sephora X Maniacal over Zoya Charisma

Sephora X Maniacal over Zoya Charisma
Then I tried it over OPI You're Such a Budapest. I have to admit, when I was pondering Maniacal in the store, I imagined it over a bunch of pastel-y colors for Spring. I adore this combo. Delicate but still with a pop. And I think the contrast is really pretty too!

Sephora X Maniacal over OPI You're Such a Budapest

Sephora X Maniacal over OPI You're Such a Budapest
Then I paired it with Essie Warm and Toasty Sweater. I think this is probably my least favorite combination of the bunch. It's okay but the colors don't compliment each other particularly well, and I think with so many other really great options, I probably would't wear these two together again.

Sephora X Maniacal over Essie Warm and Toasty Sweater

Sephora X Maniacal over Essie Warm and Toasty Sweater
Finally, perhaps my surprise favorite, I paired Maniacal with China Glaze Holly. I love this! St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner, and this combo will definitely be going back on my nails! I think the contrast is so eye-catching and it emphasizes the green-ness of Holly (if that makes sense).

Sephora X Maniacal over China Glaze Holly

Sephora X Maniacal over China Glaze Holly
So there's Sephora X Maniacal for you! I feel like it was $12.50 well spent. This glitter can definitely carry across seasons and I see myself reaching for it again and again. Happy painting, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment